Friday, November 2, 2012

Week 9: Too Many Chiefs (Turnovers): Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Diego Chargers

Well we have made it past the halfway mark of the regular season. I'll admit, I got into a little mid-season slump brought on by travel and illness and an uncontrolable urge to watch regular TV shows but I feel my strength coming back just in time to kick off Week 9 with the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Diego Chargers. Before I get on with the recap I have to take a second and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my husband. I don't know what I would do without him. Y'all should thank him to, because without him I would have never gotten the idea for this blog...we owe a lot to this handsome, funny, smart guy.
not bad for 34 years old.


- Before last night the San Diego Chargers had gone 6 straight quarters without a touchdown. That all changed on their opening drive when he threw a 14 yard TD pass to Antonio Gates. 

- The Chargers were coming off 3 straight wins to the Saints, the Broncos, and a 7-6 loss to the Browns last week. Many fans were calling for Head Coach, Norv Turner, to be fired. No seriously, at half time they unrolled a banner that said "Mr. Spanos, please fire A.J. and Norv".

- Chargers jerkface quarterback, Phillip Rivers, bounced back last night by completing 18 of 20 passes for 220 yards and two touchdowns. "Impress Him" Fact: This is only the 6th time in NFL history that a QB had completed 90% or more of his passes (minimum of 20 attempts). Rivers tied the great Steve Young on that list.
it is so hard for me to happy for this jackass


- The Kansas City Chiefs is a team I have not talked much about this season. And here is why: with their 4 turnovers last night they have accumulated an NFL-high of 29 total turnovers that have led to 104 points. That is bad. Real bad. 

- Chiefs QB Matt Cassell threw for 181 yards but had a fumble and an interception that both led to Chargers' touchdowns. 


The Chargers killed the Chiefs 13-31 and Norv Turner is off the hot seat, for the next week and a half at least. The Chiefs on the other hand move to 1-7. From what my sources (aka my hubs) tell me the next few weeks start to get really intense as games start to decide who makes it to the post season so I will be buckling down and paying some real attention to these games, which means that I may not beat my Bejeweled high score until after the Super Bowl. It's all about sacrifices, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment