Friday, October 19, 2012

Week 7: Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49'ers

Week 7 opened with the Seattle Seahawks taking on the San Francisco 49'ers. I learned 2 things on Thursday night: First, with the 13-6 win over the Seahawks, the 49'ers now lead the NFC West; second, and more importantly, defensive football makes me sleepy (that a nice way of saying it's BORING!). I am sure that there are a legion of men out there who would disagree with me, but for someone who doesn't understand all of the minutiae of this game it can be tedious to watch. That being said, you never really know who will come up with a win in these kinds of games, so there is that. Snoozeville, it may have been, but some interesting details did come out of this game.

- The first touchdown of the game came in the 3rd quarter (see what I mean?!) when 49'ers QB, Alex Smith threw a 12-yard touchdown pass to Delanie Walker. "Impress Him" Fact: Walker's touchdown was SF's first TD in 7 quarters of football.

- Frank Gore, running back for the 49'ers, ran for 131 yards while Marshawn Lynch did his part for the Seahawks with 103 rushing yards.

- Both of these "defense-first" teams allow fewer than 16 points per game.

There is not much else I can say about this game, we all know I was watching Grey's Anatomy while I flipped back to it so here are some parting shots to think about on this beautiful Friday.
I don't know about y'all, but no doctor I have ever met has looked like this.


how is it fair that as men age they go from this...
....to this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment