Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Week 6: Monday Night Football Recap: Broncos vs. Chargers

While I was watching the first half of the Denver Broncos vs. San Diego Chargers game I kept thinking to myself, "I can't believe I am missing Gossip Girl for this blowout. So when Chargers were winning 24-0 at the half, I flipped on the DVR thinking that this one was not going to be worth a post. I should have known that whenever I think a game is done, it ends up being one for the books. As I kept flipping back to the game I ended up staying to watch more more because Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos were starting tp put on a show; well that, and also Dan Humphrey's hair on Gossip Girl was driving me crazy and watching Blake Lively makes me feel fat. Anyhoo...at the end of the 2nd half the Denver Broncos had scored 35 unanswered points to stun Philip Rivers and the Chargers 35-24. And another Monday Night Football game will go down in the history books, a comeback that was pulled off not only by Peyton Manning's offense but also the stellar play of the Broncos defense in the second half, a total team win. Here are some stats from last night's game.
I mean..what's happening here. Just cut that mess off!


- Before Monday's game, only 3 teams in the history on the NFL (during the Super Bowl era) have ever overcome a 24 point deficit. It was the largest halftime deficit overcome in Monday Night Football history!

- At halftime, with a 24-0 lead, the San Diego Chargers had a 98.5% chance of winning the game. But then San Diego d-bag quarterback, Phillip Rivers threw 4 interceptions and had 2 fumbles, a career high for him. Two of the interceptions resulted in touchdowns for the Broncos. In case you were starting to feel bad for Philip Rivers, I wouldn't. He doesn't seem like a very good guy.

We don't know why you are such a jerk either, Philip!
- In the second half, Peyton Manning completed 13 of 14 passes for 167 yards and 3 touchdowns. The other 2 touchdowns came from the afore mentioned interceptions.

- This is the second week in a row that the Chargers have blown a lead in the second half. Last week they lost a 10 point lead to the New Orleans Saints who beat them 31-24.

Great win for Peyton Manning and the Broncos, tough loss for the Chargers. Both teams are off next week so it will be interesting to see how they come back after 2 weeks to think over last night's game. What a great game to cap off week 6!

1 comment:

  1. Could not agree with you more. Rivers is an ahole and Dan's hair has got to go. His hair is so bad I want to fast forward thru his scenes.

    ReplyDelete